Nvidia's 700 series is coming out in April.
They said they are still going to use their kepler style GPU with the GK110 silicon. This a disappointing to those who upgrade every other generation. I am one of these people and this causes an impact on my decision of what to upgrade to. I currently have a 560 which is a Fermi design. I was hoping to upgrade to a 770 or 780 but now that I found out the new series will use the same architecture as the 600 series I might get a 670 or 680. I am getting the idea to switch over to the AMD based GPU. Their new 8000 series isn't expected to come out until late October. The new series is expected to come in at a better price range then the Nvidia series due to the fact that Nvidia will be basing their priceing off their Geforce Titan which comes in at $1500. All new models are expect to just be streamlined versions of the Titan and only consist of 20% higher clock speeds and double the onboard memory. Both competitors are reusing their last year architectures and just beefing up the design. We are expecting that power consumption will only improve by 5% which is a lot less then the improvement between the 500 and 600 series that was a whopping 40% improvement. So I was planning on selling my current card and hope to get at least $100 which will help go towards a new card so that my wallet doesn't get hit as hard. As much as I would like to get the Titan, I still need to buy a car, so that card is out of my budget. The card above is the Titan without a heatsink. That card will be the base of the new 700 series.
So for now i'm stuck with my 560:
FYI: the picture isn't upside down, my system is on a reverse ATX computer case.
No comments:
Post a Comment